This drink…is clearly a no-brainer. Pretty, summery, unique, a tad different than your standard margarita, uh…sold!
I must admit, Sunset Margaritas > Tequila Sunrises. Although I haven’t really had many Tequila Sunrises in my life. Because A.) I have never been awesome enough to want tequila with my sunrise 2.) There always seems to be a better drink on the menu, and D.) My parents generation drank a lot of these, no knock on that, but let’s just say GRENADINE, and lots of it.
Here, we use pomegranate juice instead of grenadine (we are so hipster and snotty these days, aren’t we?) and throw in some triple sec (Grand Marnier, if we are still keeping things really snooty) and there you have it, the tequila sunrise is now a more relaxed sunset.
Now, the only problem is I kind of want to have a tequila sunrise at 6AM…Mexico vacay, anyone?
adapted from Sunset
- 1/3 cup each tequila and triple sec
- 3-4 tablespoons orange juice
- 2-3 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 2 twists fresh lime peel (optional)
- Pour in tequila, triple sec, orange juice, and lime juice in a pitcher. Stir well and divide between two cocktail glasses filled with ice. Using the back of a large spoon, carefully pour about 2 tbsp. pomegranate juice down the inner side of each glass. Feel free to garnish each with fresh lime peel, crushed slightly just before adding.