I don’t remember my first Shamrock Shake, but I know they have been around for quite some time. I remember wondering what this green milkshake from the drivethru was all about and wondered how it was so darn good. It was simple while still being really unique, and it was GREEN.
Years later, the Shamrock Shake seems to have drawn quite a cult following. Everyone makes a really big deal about them every March. However, since I made my first Shamrock Shake at home, I haven’t worried about going to the drivethru. This year…it was only natural to add one of my favorite Irish boozes to the mix. Baileys……..of course. It’s pretty much your standard Shamrock shake…with Baileys. Just treat yourself to one and don’t worry about it.
Bailey’s Shamrock Shake
By Baked Northwest
Makes 1 large or 2 small shakes
- 3-4 scoops of good vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 4 ice cubes
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp. mint extract (depending on how much mint flavor you want mixed with your Bailey’s)
- 5 drops green food coloring
- whipped cream and green sprinkles for garnish, and maybe a maraschino cherry
- Add first five ingredients to a blender and blend until thick and smooth. If shake is too thin, add a bit more ice cream. If it’s too thick, add a small splash of Bailey’s or another ice cube.
- Pour in a glass (or two), add whipped cream and sprinkles to the top. Enjoy, and be happy you didn’t sit in the drive thru.