Champagne Chicken…Simple, elegant, delicious…and a great option for a Valentine’s Day dinner!
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 6 tbsp. lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup shallots, diced
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 3/4 cup champagne
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. chives, minced
- Pound each chicken breast to an even thickness. Sprinkle each with 1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice and black pepper to taste.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter, add oil and saute chicken over medium-high heat, about 2 minutes per side, until nicely browned. Remove from pan, cover and keep warm.
- In the same pan, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Saute shallots until translucent. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes more, scraping up browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Pour in chicken stock, champagne and remaining 3 tablespoons lemon juice. Bring to a boil and cook to reduce to a thin glaze. Add cream and boil for 6 minutes until thickened. Return chicken to pan and heat through. Sprinkle with minced chives and serve immediately over rice or pasta.