I’m pretty sure you can put anything in Quinoa and it will turn out delicious. I had all of these ingredients layin’ around in the fridge, threw it together, and the theory still holds true – tasty!
Quinoa with Chicken, Green Olives, Roasted Red Peppers and Feta
Serves 4-6 as a side, great as leftovers for lunch
Time: 45 minutes
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 whole cooked chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. Meyer lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers from the jar
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1/3 cup green olives
1. Add quinoa to 2 cups water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, let simmer covered for 10-15 minutes until water is absorbed and fluff quinoa with a fork.
2. Whisk oil, lemon juice and zest, pepper, and parsley together in a medium bowl. Stir in cooked chicken, feta, olives, roasted peppers and cooked quinoa.