This is my first post, so bear with me. I think it is going to take me awhile to figure out this whole blogging thing. The logistics of making everything look the way I want it to is just way over my head right now. I am hoping my photography and all that other blogging jazz will get better as I go along.
I made these Mint Chocolate Chip cookies before Christmas. “Grinch” Cookies is another very appropriate name for them when making them in December…But just like Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream, they are good any time of year! Super easy, tasty, colorful, and quick. You can’t go wrong with these babies!
Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Makes about 3 dozen
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- 6 to 8 drops green food coloring
- 1 egg
- 1 cup creme de menthe (I used Andes brand) baking chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, extract, food color and egg until soft dough forms. Stir in creme de menthe baking chips and chocolate chunks.
- Using small cookie scoop or teaspoon, drop dough 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool 3 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Serve warm or cool completely. Store tightly covered at room temperature.